Thursday, September 22, 2011

Could Manny Ramirez Return to MLB?

Manny Ramirez was entering his 18th season, playing for the Tampa Bay Rays, then decided to retire due to the 100-game suspension he would have to serve for a second violation of MLB's drug policy.


Ramirez told ESPNdeportes.com on Thursday that he wants to be reinstated upon formal request.



"I would comply with my pending sanction and I would be available for any major league team," Ramirez told ESPNdeportes.com's Enrique Rojas via telephone from Miami. "I already informed (agent) Scott Boras of my decision to return and begin the process.
"If any team wants to sign me, I would play. If no one does, I would look to play in Japan or any other place. I was not prepared for retirement."
I really hope Ramirez does not come back and play in the majors. He left on bad terms and should not be reinstated. Also, I don't think he would help any team. He is already 39 years old and is way past his peak. 
Just stay out of the country, Manny! No one wants your shenanigans on or off the field anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment